Diocese of San Diego
Office for Evangelization and Catechetical Ministry
Calling all catechist and catholic school teachers for the Basic Catechist Formation Course (in-person) this summer!
Our Lady of Perpetual Help
13208 Lakeshore Dr, Lakeside, 92040
June 22, 2021
Cost $ 75.00
This 48 hour Course will cover:
- Christ the Model Catechist and Evangelist
- Understanding How People Learn
- Preparing and Planning
- Responding to the Call to Discipleship
- The Teaching Mission of the Church
- God’s Divine Methodology: Revelation
- Overview of the Bible
- Understanding the Old Testament
- Understanding the New Testament
- Jesus Christ: True God and True Man
- Christology: the Study of Jesus Christ
- The Nature of the Church
- The Mission of the Church
- Church: a Pilgrim People
- Liturgy and the Liturgical Year
- Sacraments in General and the RCIA
- Sacraments of Initiation Part 1: Baptism and Confirmation
- Sacraments of Initiation, Part 2: Eucharist
- Sacraments at the Service of Communion
- Sacraments of Healing: Penance, Reconciliation, and Anointing of the Sick
- Life in Christ: Christian Morality
- Life in Christ: Social Justice
- Living Life in Christ
Class Schedule for BCFC at Our Lady of Perpetual Help:
Tuesdays and Saturdays,
from June 22, through Aug 31, 2021 on the following dates and times:
Tues. 6/22, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sat., 6/26, 8:30-2:30 p.m., Tues. 7/6, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sat. 7/10, 8:30-2:30 p.m., Tues. 7/20, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sat. 7/24, 8:30-2:30 p.m., Tues. 8/3, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sat. 8/7, 8:30-2:30 p.m., Tues. 8/17, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sat 8/21, 8:30-2:30 p.m., Tues. 8/31, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Requirements: 48 hours of class time, total. Students who miss four or more hours of class time without making up the time will not receive certification. Any make-up classes should be discussed with the Master Catechists teaching the course.
Tammy Mansir & Dr. Susan Ferraris
Please note: This course is intended for the certification of new Catechists only. It is for those who have never before taken the Basic Catechist Formation Course. You may not retake this course to count for renewal hours.
(registration & payment deadline 06/18/2021)
This course finishes in August of 2021, therefore your completion certificate will be mailed by or before June or July of 2022.
- Registration process: Step 1-Complete the basic registration form below then (step-2) you will be contacted via email after the basic registration form is reviewed. Once reviewed by our team at the Office of Evangelization and Catechetical Ministry a link will be provided for an on-line payment process and an admission registration form.